Foxit PDF Editor supports converting general files to PDF/A. There are many ways to save files as PDF/A or convert existing documents to PDF/A.
Users are able to convert non-pdf format files to PDF/A Standards directly by configuring from Foxit PDF Editor Printer Properties or Foxit PDF Editor Add-in. Here taking MS Word as an example, follow below steps:
1. Open the Word file that you wish to convert to PDF/A, press Ctr+P on your keyboard or go to File > Print to open the Print Dialog, choose ‘Foxit PDF Editor printer’ as the printer name, and click on Printer Properties.
Or go to Foxit PDF Add-in tab, click on Advanced.
2. In Foxit PDF Editor Printer Properties/Foxit PDF Editor Add-in window, choose Setting item and click on Edit.
3. In Standard window, choose PDF Standards item, in the compliance Standard dropdown menu select the specific Standards you need, then click on OK to save it as a setting template and it will show as the Default Settings, finally click on OK to close Foxit PDF Editor Printer Properties/ Foxit PDF Editor Add-in window .
4. Click on Print icon to print the word file to PDF/A file. Or if you are using Foxit PDF Editor Add-in, click on Create PDF to convert it.
There are two ways to convert general pdf file to PDF/A.
1. Open the pdf file that you wish to convert to PDF/A , go to File->Save as, in the Save as Type dropdown menu at the bottom of the window, select PDF/A and click on Settings… to select the corresponding Standard you need to save it as PDF/A with a new file name.
2. Go to Convert tab->Preflight, choose Standards item and check Save as PDF/A then click Continue….
Select the specific Standards you need and click on Continue… to continue and choose Save As to save it as PDF/A with a new file name.
If you receive an error when trying to convert it, you may contact support by creating a support ticket from here.