This article will help you setup your Foxit Admin Console (hereafter, the Console) to manage Foxit products/services and entitled users across their entire organizations
If you haven't received access to the Console yet, please contact your sales representative directly.
In this article:
- Quick start
Console Workspace Overview
The Console is divided into two main sections, the Navigation Pane, and the Work Area.
- Highlighted in Red is the Navigation Panel where you can quickly jump to the different areas of the console.
- Highlighted in Purple is the Work Area where you perform actions.
Foxit Admin Console Quick Start
1. Create Additional Admins (optional)
An enterprise can have one super admin and several other admins (including System Administrator, Product Administrator, Deployment Administrator, etc.) to perform management in the Console.
The super admin is the first person that gets access to the Console, this admin sits at the top of all other admin roles, and can perform all tasks in the Admin Console
Learn more about the different admin roles here.
Learn how to create additional admins here.
2. Firewall & Proxy
Access to Foxit products require the client computers to access Foxit's servers. For these features to work, ensure that your firewall and proxy setup allows access to the following endpoints:
3. Tuning for Virtual Environments
Tuning helps mitigate performance issues, simplifies the end user experience, and allows you to disable features and behaviors that should not be accessible to end users in an IT-managed environment.
Set up profile redirection. User profile data in roaming folder as well as the HKCU hive must sync to the VM instance on which the user logs in.
Admins should ensure that such data is saved on user logout or disconnect. Some systems provide VM tools; for example, Citrix (Citrix Profile Management) and VMware Horizon (View Personal Management). At a minimum, sync the following:
- Roaming Folder:
- C:\Users\<User>\AppData\Roaming\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor
- HKCU hive:
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor 12.0\Advanced
- HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor 12.0\plugins\CPDFServer
4. Setup Single-Sign-On (SSO/SAML) (optional but recommended)
SAML single sign-on allows your users to log in using your organization's identity provider (Microsoft, Google, Okta, PingIdentity... etc) to access all your Foxit applications.
To setup SSO, navigate to the Settings Tab and click on Directory Setting, then select your Idp from the list below for a step-by-step guide.
- Click here to learn how to setup SSO with Microsoft Azure.
- Click here to learn how to setup SSO with Google Workspace.
- Click here to learn how to setup SSO with Okta.
- Click here to learn how to setup SSO with PingIdentity.
- Click here to learn how to setup SSO with OneLogin.
Got a different Idp? No problem, the Console uses SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) an open standard for exchanging authentication and authorization data between identity providers. Simply Verify your Domain and then follow the instructions on the screen.
5. Setup User Directory Sync (optional)
User Directory Sync allows you to synchronize your organization's Directory with the Console.
- Click here to learn how to setup User Sync with Microsoft Azure.
- Click here to learn how to setup User Sync with Google Workspace.
- Click here to learn how to setup User Sync with Okta.
- Click here to learn how to setup User Sync with PingIdentity.
Note: User Directory Sync is only available with the providers listed above.
6. Assign License/Product to users
Ready to start assigning product licenses to your users? Select the option that best describes your scenario for a step-by-step tutorial:
- Automatically Provision/Assign Licenses using Azure AD Groups -- NEW!
- Assign Products/license without User Directory Sync Enabled.
- Assign Products/license with User Directory Sync Enabled.
7. Getting Help
You can access additional resources by going to the Console's help center here.
Getting an error? See what the error numbers mean here.
Read the Console's User Manual; or
Contact our support team, we're here to help.