Safe Reading Mode enables you to control unauthorized actions and data transmissions that efficiently avoid attacks from malicious content and viruses.
Note: Instead of disabling Safe Reading Mode, we recommend creating a list of approved locations such as hosts (domains) and folders. This way, Safe Reading Mode will only function if the user tries to open a PDF from an untrusted location. If you'd like to do this instead, see Protected View.
Organizations looking to customize Foxit PDF Editor before deploying it to their knowledge workers.
In this article:
- Deploy Foxit PDF Editor with Safe Reading Mode disabled
- Manually disable Safe Reading Mode
Disable Safe Reading Mode using the Foxit Customization Wizard tool
- Click on the Preferences Tab
- Scroll down to "Safe Reading Mode"
- Select Disabled
- Disabled: Disabled Safe Reading Mode. Users will not be able to select otherwise.
- Enabled: Safe Reading Mode will be enabled. Users will not be able to select otherwise.
- Default: Safe Mode will be enabled, and users will be able to disable it.
Disable Safe Reading Mode using registry
Navigate to key:
Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor 11.0\Preferences\Trust Manager
Give string "bSafeMode" a value of "0"
Disable Safe Reading Mode using command line
There is no way to do this using command line.
Disable Safe Reading Mode using GPO
- Open Group Policy Editor
- Navigate to Foxit PDF Editor > Preferences
- Click on Enable Safe Reading Mode
- Select "Disabled"
Manually disable Safe Reading Mode Analytics
- Open Foxit PDF Editor and navigate to the File Tab > Preferences
- Select General
- UNcheck "help improve user experience"