An envelope can be modified in Shared or Partially Signed status, before it is completed. Once modifications have been made, it can be resent for signing. The invitation email will be sent to the recipients to notify them of the new document.
- Edit Fields
- Edit a recipients details
- Replace a recipient with a new recipient
All signatures can be removed to edit the envelope information and resign. The end user might not get the notification. You may have to resend a reminder using the reminder option in more action or on the document tab (reminder icon on the document line).
Cancel and Resend
Only the parties who have already signed or received the invitation to sign notification so far in the workflow (sequence or parallel), they will be notified of the document cancellation. Edit and Resend option will appear in the More Actions menu once the document has been canceled. You can Edit and Resend immediately after the cancellation of the document.
Delete, Undelete and Resend
Only the parties who have already signed or received an invitation to sign notification so far in the workflow (sequence or parallel), they will be notified of the Envelope deletion. You can open the document from the recycle bin and Undelete from More Actions. After undeleting an envelope, the sender can Edit and Resend from More Actions menu immediately.
Note! Edit and Resend option will appear in the More Actions menu once the document has been Undeleted.
Updating Fields and Recipients Details
Shared Folder Status
Add, remove, update or prefill fields on sent envelopes. Besides fields, Recipient party's details may be updated from the Signing page if the envelope is still in Shared status.
Note! If the email address of a recipient is a Foxit eSign user or has an account in Foxit eSign, you will not be able to use the Edit user feature.
Update Recipient Details in Signing Process
- Open the shared envelope from the Documents tab.
- Click Recipients on the right hand side of the screen.
- Click the 'Edit'-icon next to the recipient's name. Edit the Party Details. Click Update.
Partially Signed Status
Fields can be modified and Recipient's details can be changed, or replaced with another signer if the document is Partially Signed.
Note! Any signatures currently on the document need to be removed before any any changes can be made to the envelope. The recipients will be temporarily locked out of the document and current signatures will be removed while modifications take place. Signatures must be removed in order to modify an envelope as per security reasons. Recipients must consent to any changes made after they have begun the document signing process. If the email address of a recipient is a Foxit eSign user or has an account in Foxit eSign, you will not be able to use the Edit user feature.
- Open the Partially Signed document under the Documents tab.
- Click the Remove All Signatures from More Actions. Click Confirm.
- Click Modify Envelope from More Actions. Click OK.
- This will revert the document to a draft. Edit the fields, Recipient's information or switch one recipient for a new recipient as needed.
- Edit the recipient's information as needed by clicking on the 'Pencil'-icon. Click Update.
- Change to a new recipient by clicking on the 'Update'-icon. Fill in the first name, last name, and email address of the new recipient. Click Add.
Need to update a recipient on a template? If users need to update a recipient on a template, the same rules apply. Click the edit icon next to the recipient's name in the Add Signers section.
Modifying an Envelope Without Notifying Recipients
Modifying and resending an envelope can be done when a Signing Sequence is enabled. If an error is found on the document and needs to be resent without notifying the recipient, the ‘Modify Envelope’ feature found in ‘More Actions’ while viewing the shared envelope will return the envelope to draft mode and temporarily disable recipient access, the error can then be corrected and the envelope resent.