The Party Assigner will be sent the document to fill in the contact information for the Placeholder role.
The invitation email will be sent (and an SMS link if Authentication is enabled) to the Placeholder. The Place Holder and Party Assigner feature allows a user to include a party role without the need to input a specific recipient’s information.
Example: When sending a document to a party (assigned Party Assigner Permission Level) that has the second party’s (assigned Placeholder role) contact information, first name and email address.
Send Envelopes Using Placeholder and Party Assigner
Create a placeholder role while creating a document or when sending a template
- When adding recipients, click the Add Placeholder option.
- A Party Assigner role must be created next. Add another recipient by clicking Add Me, Add New, or Add Group in the Add Signers menu.
- Once the role is added, click the Permission Level dropdown list located under the new role’s contact information and select Party Assigner.
The Party Assigner will be the initial recipient of the document and given permissions to fill in the contact information for all added placeholder roles. The document will then be forwarded to the newly assigned party’s contact information for signing.
- There is no limit to how many Placeholder roles may be added.
- Be sure to fill in a name for each Placeholder role added.
- Trial Accounts do not have placeholder or Party Assigner options.