Updating a Template or Document With a New Form
Edit the text on your document or add another page, without losing your fields and role settings.
With the Replace with new file feature you can simply replace the file underneath your Document or Template with a new file, while preserving the fields you have already placed. If you have modified a file and it looks similar to the template you have created and saved, the Replace with New File feature comes in handy.
Where to find
On the top right side of your application while creating or editing your template, you can find ‘Replace with new file’ under the More Actions drop down menu.
When to use
- Updating or made edits to a current form
- When fields are not loading correctly on a document
At times, when fields are not showing up, there may be something wrong with the file underneath the template. In this case, the first step is to flatten the file. Flatten means removing any hidden fields and virtually printing the file to a PDF.
- Open the saved PDF in Foxit PDF Editor or Word.
- Click Print, select Print to PDF, and save the flattened PDF.
- Replace the old file on your document/template from More Actions while preserving all of the fields on the template.