Foxit PDF Editor has been integrated with Microsoft SharePoint, which helps you better manage and share PDFs. To open PDF files in a SharePoint repository, we could choose File > Open > Add a place > SharePoint then type the SharePoint URL, and input a name that you want to display the SharePoint server in Foxit PDF Editor. IT admin may need to configure the default SharePoint URL for all the users at once without having to set up one by one.
There are four optional ways to configure the SharePoint server URL:
Via Registry Editor
The admin could install Foxit PDF Editor (PhantomPDF) on one computer then distribute the following registry by GPO/SCCM:
Path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Foxit Software\Foxit PhantomPDF 10.0\plugins\SharePoint\LastEnterLocation
OR HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor 11.0\plugins\SharePoint\LastEnterLocation
Via GPO Template
- Download GPO templates according to the version number of your Foxit PDF Editor (PhantomPDF) from this article;
- Once you have the GPO template set in place, open Group Policy Editor, go to Computer Configuration >Administrative Templates>Foxit PDF Editor 11.0 >Plugins >Configure SharePoint server URL then apply the change.
Note: Configure SharePoint server URL is supported since version 11.0. For versions prior to version 11.0, you may try to distribute the registry to the devices per Via Registry Editor way.)
Via XML Editor
- Download XML Editor from this article;
- Open XML Editor, go to Preferences>Configure ECM server URL>Server Name, choose SharePoint then add the Server URL, then click Save to save the profstore.xml file.
- Distribute the XML file into “C:\Program Files (x86)\Foxit Software\Foxit PDF Editor\ProfStore”. If you don't have a folder named "ProfStore", please create one then save the profstore.xml file into it.
Via Foxit Customization tool
Use MST file with MSI Installer (for Admins)
If you want to configure SharePoint Server URL when deploying MSI installer file, you can use the MST file to implement it.
- Download the Foxit Customization Tool (FCT) from this article;
- Run FCT, click on the open button on the top left corner to bring up a open dialog box to navigate to select the appropriate MSI installer package;
- Go to Preferences ->Configure ECM server URL->choose Server Name then add Server URL;
- Everything is done, click on the Save button at the top corner in FCT to save current settings as .mst file.
- Use the following command to apply MST file
msiexec /i Setup.msi TRANSFORMS=xxx.mst