This page contains frequently asked questions about our most popular software: Foxit PDF Editor.
What is Foxit PDF Editor and Foxit PDF Editor Pro?
How can I learn to use Foxit PDF Editor?
Do all PDFs work with Foxit PDF Editor?
What can I do with PDF Editor?
How do I open two windows side by side?
How do I connect my Document Management System?
How do I change the language of PDF Editor?
How do I sign documents?
Does PDF Editor comply with accessibility regulations such as U.S. Section 508?
How do I update PDF Editor?
Q: What is Foxit PDF Editor and Foxit PDF Editor Pro?
A: PDF Editor provides a powerful solution for business professionals to work securely with PDF documents and forms. It provides a full featured platform to view, create, edit, collaborate, share, secure, organize, export, OCR, and sign PDF.
PDF Editor Pro is geared towards power users who require advanced editing and security capabilities.
Q: How can I learn to use Foxit PDF Editor?
A: You can learn how to use the software in many ways:
- Watch Instructional videos here.
- Access the software's User Manual under Help Tab > User Manual.
- Use the “Tell me what you want to do” search bar to lookup features.
- Hover over a function and click on “Tell me more” to learn how to use a specific function
- For enterprise customers: guided training is available.
Q: Do all PDFs work with Foxit PDF Editor?
A: PDF is an International Standardized file format (ISO 32000-1). Foxit PDF Editor will
be able to read any PDF regardless of where it was produced (e.g. Acrobat, Office… etc) and vice-a-versa.
Q: What can I do with PDF Editor?
A: Foxit PDF Editor features a familiar Microsoft Office Ribbon User Interface designed to enhance your workflows and productivity. Here are some of the most common workflows PDF Editor can help with:
- Document conversion to/from PDF & Office, Image, Text, HTML…
- Sign Documents
- Protect Documents
- Go paperless
- Convert Scanned Documents to Editable PDFs
- Improve Collaboration
- Fill Forms
- Add Comments
Q: How do I open two windows side by side?
A: Go to File > Preferences > Documents > Check “Allow multiple instances”. You could also drag a tab into its own separate window.
Q: How do I connect my Document Management System?
A: Access to your favorite Document Management System is one-click away: Open PDF Editor > File > Open > Add a place.
Login with your credentials and you will be all set.
Q: How do I change the language of PDF Editor?
A: Bonjour! Foxit PDF Editor supports over 10 languages. Follow the direction below to change the language: Open PDF Editor > File > Preferences > Languages.
Q: How do I sign documents?
A: Foxit PDF Editor three deferent ways to sign PDF documents, all under the Protect Tab:
- Foxit Sign: Legally binding electronic signature service to prepare and gather important signed documents. (Foxit Sign subscription required.) Compatible with all PDF reader/editors.
- Fill & Sign (Ink signature): allows you to create your own handwritten/typed signature. Compatible with all PDF reader/editors.
- DocuSign: Seamless integration allows you to sign and request signatures right from PDF Editor. (DocuSign subscription required.) Not compatible with all PDF reader/editors.
- Sign & Certify: Authenticates the identity of a user as well as the document. Also known as VIP card or ID cards. Compatible with all PDF readers/editors
Q: Does PDF Editor comply with accessibility regulations such as U.S. Section 508?
A: Yes. Foxit Software is committed to accessibility and strives to address it in its products and services.
The Foxit PDF Editor features which support accessibility are summarized here: Foxit Software Voluntary Product Accessibility Templates (VPAT)
Q: How do I update PDF Editor?
A: Click on the Help Tab > Update. If you don’t see the Update button or get an error message, it is because either:
- Your System Administrator will update the software automatically for you.
- Updates are not enabled with your organization.