Fill & Sign (Quick ink signature) enables you to create yourself-signed signatures and add the signature to the page directly. You don’t need to create different signatures for different roles. To create your own handwritten signature and sign a PDF, follow these steps.
1. Choose Home/Protect>Fill & Sign. And the Fill & Sign context tab appears on the ribbon.
2. Click in the signature palette on the ribbon or click on the lower right corner of the signature palette and choose Create Signature from the drop-down menu.
3. In the Create Signature dialog box, you can draw a signature, import a file, copy from the clipboard, or type text content to create a signature. Or, click Online Signature to choose a signature from the online signatures you saved before.
TIP: You can sign your signature on a clean white sheet of paper using a black pen, and scan it to an image file. To create the best signature, it is suggested to scan your signature in monochrome at 600 DPI.
4. You can preview the signature in the Preview box.
5. Check the options as needed:
Convert signature to black & white: the signature will be created in black and white even if the original image is chromatic.
Keep original size: selects the option and the signature will be created with the original size. If the signature width/height is greater than the page size, Foxit PDF Editor will zoom it out to a signature with a width of 100 pixels while maintaining the original proportion. The option is only available when the signature is from an imported file or Clipboard. With the option unselected, the signature will be resized and created with a width of 100 pixels while maintaining the original proportion by default.
Discard the signature when program closes: the signature will not be listed in the signature palette the next time you launch Foxit PDF Editor.
Require password to use this signature: Specify a password that will be required when users sign the document with the signature. Enter the password again to confirm it.
6. (Optional) Click Save Online to save the newly created signature to Foxit Web Services, which allows you to sign documents.
7. Click Save. The cursor will be changed into a shape with the appearance preview of the signature
8. (Optional) Select the Keep Tool Selected option in the Sign group so that you can add the same signature continuously without reselecting the same signature.
9. Place the cursor to the position you want to sign and click. Or drag a rectangle to define the size and placement.
10. Click the signature with the Hand command, and it will be highlighted with a red rectangle. After adding the signature, do any of the following, if necessary.
- To resize the signature, drag the small red square on the lower right corner of the rectangle. After resizing the signature, you can right-click the signature and choose Set Current Size as Default to set the size as default so that Foxit PDF Editor will remember and apply the same size when you add the same signature in the future.
- To move the signature, drag the rectangle directly to the desired place.
- Before applying the signature, you can right-click the signature and choose relevant options from the context menu to copy, cut, paste, or delete the signature.
11. (Optional) When you click the signature with the Hand command ,a gray toolbar appears over the rectangle. Click and to switch among different signatures if any; click the cog icon to drop down the context menu to do more.
12. Right-click the signature you added, and select Place on Multiple Pages from the context menu to place the signature to multiple pages.
13. You can do one of the following to apply signatures to the document as required:
- To apply the current signature to the document, right-click the signature, and select Apply Signature from the context menu.
- To apply all signatures in the document, click Apply All Signatures on the ribbon. A dialog box will pop up when you click Apply All Signatures for the first time to prompt you that applying all signatures will flatten the whole document. If you don’t want to flatten the document while applying the signatures, change the settings by clicking Change Setting in the dialog box, or clicking on the lower right corner of the signature palette and choosing Preferences, or directly navigating to File>Preferences>PDF Sign.
Note: Once applied, the signature can no longer be edited or deleted.
To manage the created signatures, do the following:
In the Fill & Sign context tab, click on the lower right corner of the signature palette and choose Manage Signature from the drop-down menu. In the Manage Signature dialog box, you can create, move and delete the created signatures, and set password for them.