The Document Compare feature lets you see the difference in two versions of a PDF, as well as
select the type of differences you’re looking for to verify that the appropriate changes have been
- Legend Colors can be customized
- Changes are easier to identify at the word level
- Detects Page Deletions or Inserts
- Compare documents of different lengths
- Show Old Text for Simpler Comparisons
- When hovering over replaced text, a comment pops up to show what the old text was and what the new, replaced text is
To Access, go into PhantomPDF and click View > Compare
First, choose two versions of the file to compare and click the “Options” button at the bottom.
Next, select the highlighted options below. Once you do this, you shouldn’t have to do it again. Double check that the “Set current properties as default” is checked at the bottom and click OK.
To customize the legend, look under Color, Opacity and Line Thickness and customize as you see fit.
Then click OK to compare the versions. You will then see this screen. This gives you total replacements, insertions and deletions.