This article assumes general IT knowledge and is not for the end-user.
Issue: After installing AdminConsole with a self-signed certificate, the IT Administrator wants to switch it to one issued by a Certificate Authority (CA).
Prerequisite: There are several types of digital certificates, e.g. .CER, .PEM, .CRT, .p7b, .p12, .CSR, .KEY.
It is important to understand that ONLY a .pfx certificate will work. Work with the issuing authority to obtain one.
- Go to IIS on the AdminServer
- Highlight Server
- Server Certificates
- Import --> Navigate to .pfx certificate
- Change Certificate Storage to "Web Hosting"
- Under Sites, click on AdminConsole.domain.com
- Click Bindings (right side of the page)
- Double-Click Port 443
- Choose Edit
- Change the SSL certificate listed to the correct one imported earlier
Reboot the AdminConsole server