There are updates for Admin Console, how are they installed?
As of this writing, updates are stored here: Admin Console Updates
Note: the following instructions assume that the drive letters and default locations have not been altered during a previous installation.
The location of each folder matters since the locations are referenced in the update batch file. Be sure that each is located exactly as indicated.
- From the link above, download the two (2) "update" ZIP files. update.zip and update_tomcat.zip Note: adminconsole_windows_installer.zip is for a full installation only
- Remove any previous update folders:
- Unzip the "update" files ... use C:\Update and C:\Update_Tomcat as the home path
- One level under C:\Update and C:\Update_Tomcat, Cut the "update_adminconsole" folder and the "update_adminconsole_tomcat" folder and Paste them both under C:\AdminConsole_Windows
- Copy *.war files ... there are three (3) ... from C:\adminconsole_windows\update_adminconsole_tomcat to C:\tomcat8\apache-tomcat-8.5.51\webapps
- Open an Administrator Command Prompt (search --> cmd.exe, right-click "Run as Administrator")
- Run "update.bat"
- When finished, CD\adminconsole_windows\update_adminconsole_tomcat
- Run "update.bat"
Verify that the services are running under Control Panel / Administrative Tools / Services. Look for Apache Tomcat 8.5
Other required Services are mongodb, mysql, and redis
The new updates allow for up to three (3) devices to be assigned to one (1) user. However, in order for this to function properly, your AdminConsole license must allow for it. The license file name will be something similar to "keyfile.txt". Open that file and check for the Restrictions line, devicesNumber: x
If that number is 1, contact Enterprise Solution Support at email@example.com to receive a new license with the device count augmented.