You're here because you would like to click on a PDF in Microsoft Edge and open it with Foxit PDF Editor Windows Desktop Application. (As sown in the gif below)
Note: this is only available for the Chromium based Edge.
To do this, you will need Foxit PDF Editor as your default PDF viewer and make two changes in Microsoft Edge. (IT Admins can use Microsoft Edge's GPO to tweak these two settings for the entire enterprise)
1. Enable 'Always open PDFs externally'. here's how:
- On your computer, open Edge.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Search for "PDF" in settings
- Click on "PDF Documents"
- Turn ON "Always open PDFs externally."
Changing this setting will have Edge automatically download PDFs instead of opening on a new tab.
2. Enable Edge Always Open with System Viewer. Here's how:
- With change "1" in place, click on any PDF file to download it
- After the PDF file downloads, click on the "Down Arrow" next to the file in the Downloads Bar
- Select "Always open with system viewer"
Changing this setting will cause Edge to automatically download PDFs and open them in your system default PDF viewer.