You're here because you would like to click on a PDF in Google Chrome and open it with Foxit PhantomPDF Windows Desktop Application. (As sown in the gif below)
To do this, you will need PhantomPDF as your default PDF viewer and make two changes in Google Chrome. (IT Admins can use Google Chrome's GPO to tweak these two settings for the entire enterprise)
1. Enable Automatic Downloads of PDFs from Chrome. here's how:
- On your computer, open Chrome.
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- Search for "PDF" in settings
- Click on "Site Settings"
- Click on "Additional Content Settings"
- Click on "PDF Documents"
- Turn ON "Download PDF files instead of automatically opening them in Chrome."
Changing this setting will have Chrome automatically download PDFs instead of opening on a new tab.
2. Enable Chrome Always Open with System Viewer. Here's how:
- With change "1" in place, click on any PDF file to automatically download it
- After the PDF file downloads, click on the "Down Arrow" next to the file in the Downloads Bar
- Select "Always open with system viewer"
Changing this setting will cause Chrome to automatically download PDFs and open them in your system default PDF viewer.