There are 4 factors affecting the page layout display and zoom level when open PDF file in Foxit PDF Reader and Foxit PDF Editor.
- 1:"Restore last view settings when reopening" option under "History" tab in "Preferences" dialog box;
- 2:"Initial View" settings in PDF file itself;
- 3:"Default Page Layout" and "Zoom"options under "Page Display"tab in "Preferences" dialog box;
- 4:"Override Page Display" settings under "Accessibility" tab in "Preferences" dialog box.
The display priority order is 4>1>2>3.
1) If the PDF document has been opened in Foxit PDF Reader/Editor on this computer before and the "Restore last view settings when reopening" is checked under "History" tab in "Preferences" dialog box",
Foxit PhantomPDF/Foxit Reader will display the PDF file with last viewed "Page layout" and "zoom level" settings accordingly.
2) If the PDF document has never been opened before, Foxit PDF Reader/Editor will check whether the document contains "Initial View" settings or not.
To find the initial view settings in PDF file,please open PDF file with Foxit PDF Editor (not Foxit PDF Reader), go to File>Properties>Initial View.
a. If it contains initial view settings, Foxit PDF Reader/Editor will read the Page Layout and Magnification settings in initial view for displaying PDF file.
b. If it doesn't contain initial view settings, Foxit PDF Reader/Editor will read the Default Page Layout and Zoom settings under "Page Display" tab in "Preferences" dialog box for displaying PDF file.
3) Since version 9.0, we've added "Always use page layout Style" and "Always use Zoom Setting" options under "File>Preferences>Accessibility>Override Page Display" in Foxit PDF Reader/Editor where you could force page layout/zoom level as desired for all PDF documents and override other page display settings.