Here are some best practices to consider when deploying Foxit PDF Editor for macOS. This document follows a sample deployment method using Addigy, all steps are intended for best practices only.
- From the main menu, navigate to “Policies” – 1, Catalog – 2, choose “Custom Software”- 3 and “Add Software”- 4.
- In “Create Software Package” enter package friendly name for Software identifier and Software version:
- Navigate to “Add file” and choose Foxit PDF Editor installation package (.pkg) and the license key:
- Note: Name of the license key must be fpmmkey.txt
- After the upload is complete, select all files and click on “Select Button”
On the next screen, add the following syntax in the installer command:
sudo /usr/sbin/installer -pkg "/Library/Addigy/ansible/packages/Foxit PDF Editor /FoxitPDFEditor1100.L10N.Setup.pkg" -target /
cp "/Library/Addigy/ansible/packages/Foxit PDF Editor/fpmmkey.txt" /Applications/"FoxitPDFEditor.app"/Contents
Modify the red marked path variables per your environment package deployment location. Save changes.
- Check if devices, where Foxit PDF Editor/Reader needs to be installed, are in the same policy:
- Navigate back to “Software” locate the new package
- Navigate to “Deploy Changes” and confirm the package.
- Next, deploy the package by clicking on “Deploy now”
- Upon successful run, verify the results. Foxit PDF Editor will be installed with a license pre-activated.
- On MAC machine:
- Or package via presented apps: