There are several ways to protect your document using PhantomPDF. All the tools to do so live under the Protect tab.
- In order to redact sensitive data within a PDF – select mark for redaction. First, mark information you’d like to redact, and then apply redaction.
- In order to search & redact information quickly and efficiently, PhantomPDF offers the ability to redact data within the current document or all PDF documents in a specific folder. Here you also have the option to specify whether, you’d like PhantomPDF to match an exact word or phrase, multiple words & phrases, a specific search pattern and even create redaction profiles!
3. In order to remove information from a document so it appears as it was never there, PhantomPDF offers the Whiteout Tool. Simply Select Whiteout and Draw text around what you’d like to permanently be removed.
- Another way to protect a document is to select Password Protect under the Protect tab. Here you have the option to create a password to open your PDF document or set a password & enable document restrictions such as whether printing is allowed and what changes can be made to the document after the recipient receives it.
- In order set your permissions, select Permissions. Upon completion, select 256-bit AES for your encryption setting and select OK.
- Lastly, you can use the Sign & Certify tool. You can choose to certify with or without a visible signature & add document restrictions to your PDF document.