There is a security issue in the DocuSign plugin in Foxit PhantomPDF/Reader version10.0 for Windows. We have already fixed the security issue and provided an updated DocuSign plugin on the update server, users who are using Foxit PhantomPDF/Reader 10.0 can get the plugin via automatic updating or checking for update in the application. If users fail to update the DocuSign plugin from within the application, they could download the plugin separately then install it manually.
Install via automatic updating in Foxit PhantomPDF/Reader
Reader/PhantomPDF provides the following two options to automatically check for updates.
- Automatically install updates
For the plugin updates, PhantomPDF will download and install them automatically when a new version is available. When the installation is finished, a message appears in the system tray to tell you that the plugin has been updated. For the application updates, they will be downloaded
automatically and then you will be prompted whether to start the installation.
- Automatically download updates, but let me choose when to install them.
PhantomPDF will automatically download and display a message informing you of the upgrade and allow you to choose to upgrade to the new version. This option is checked by default.
With one of the automatic update options enabled, the updater schedules to connect to server for updates every 3 days. To turn on the option, open Foxit application, go to File menu, click Preferences, find Updater, check the option Automatically install updates or Automatically download updates, but let me choose when to install them.
Install via Check for Update in Foxit PhantomPDF/Reader
Please open the application, go to Help > Check for Updates > choose DocuSign under Service Module > Add > Next to install the plugin.
Install via downloading the plugin separately and install it manually
We provide two types of installer file for the plugin: FZIP and MSI. You may choose FZIP or MSI per your requirement.
- Click this link to download the FZIP format of DocuSign plugin for both Foxit PhantomPDF 10.0 and Foxit Reader 10.0.
- Click this link to download the MSI format of DocuSign plugin for Foxit PhantomPDF 10.0.
- Click this link to download the MSI format of DocuSign plugin for Foxit Reader 10.0.
How to install the plugin
- To install the MSI setup file, you can double click to install it or deploy it with your deployment tool.
- To install the FZIP setup file, you can install it by going to Help > Install Update inside the PhantomPDF and find the downloaded .fzip file and click Open button. When you're done, click done to finish the installation.