Automatic Foxit Approved Trust List updates
The certificates in Foxit Approved Trust List (FATL) are the trusted root certificates that are stored in a Foxit server and have been verified by Foxit and other authorities. You can enable the application to automatically check and download new or updated root certificates in FATL from the server to local trusted certificate list. Any certificate-based signature created with the certificate in FATL is trusted when the signed document is opened in Foxit PhantomPDF 9.6 (Foxit PDF editor) and later.
To enable the automatic updates from FATL, do the following:
1. Click File > Preferences > Trust Manager.
2. In the Automatic Foxit Approved Trust List updates group, select Load trusted certificates from Foxit server. This option is selected by default and allows Foxit PDF Editor to automatically download new or updated root certificates in FATL from the server to the local trusted certificate list under any of the following circumstances:
- Every 28 days.
- When you open a signed PDF and the signature’s certificate has never been checked for update before.
- When you open a signed PDF and the signature’s certificate was checked for update more than 28 days ago.
3. Do the following as needed:
- Ask before updating: Select it and you will be prompted if any new or updated root certificate is available for download and install.
- Update now: Click it to download and install from the latest FATL immediately.
4. When the installing process completes, a message box will pop up to tell you the update is successful.
Note: A connection to the Internet is required for the update.