Foxit PDF Reader/Editor provides the following two options to automatically check for updates.
- Option 1:Automatically install updates
- Option 2: Automatically download updates, but let me choose when to install them.
Option 1:Automatically install updates
For V11.1 and greater:
- For both plug-in updates and the application updates/upgrades, Foxit PDF Reader/Editor will download them automatically when there are available updates, and then install the downloaded plug-in or update/upgrade packages automatically at the time when the program is launched next time.
For versions prior to V11.1:
- For the plugin updates, Foxit PDF Reader/Editor will download and install them automatically when a new version is available. When the installation is finished, a message appears in the system tray to tell you that the plugin has been updated.
- For the application updates/upgrades, they will be downloaded automatically and then you will be prompted whether to start the installation.
Option 2: Automatically download updates, but let me choose when to install them.
- Foxit PDF Editor/Reader will automatically download and display a message informing you of the upgrade and allow you to choose to upgrade to the new version. This option is checked by default. With one of the automatic update options enabled, the updater schedules to connect to the server for updates every 3 days.
To turn on an of the above-mentioned option, open the Foxit application, go to File menu, click Preferences, find Updater, check the option Automatically install updates or Automatically download updates, but let me choose when to install them.
1:If you have the "Automatically install updates" turned on, but Foxit never updates or detects the updates, you may go to File > Preferences > General > check if you've selected "Disable features that require internet connection". Please uncheck it.
2:Administrator privileges are required to install plug-ins or application updates/upgrades.