If you have a lot of scanned PDF files and want to look for a program to correct its texts, graphics or images inside, you can't miss our Foxit PhantomPDF. To edit the scanned document with PhantomPDF, you have three ways to achieve the task:
1) Open the scanned document you want to edit on.
2) Click on Convert tab in the menu bar, find the Convert group, click on OCR icon, select Current file, set up the Page Range and Languages accordingly, in the Output Type, select Editable Text.
Note: The OCRed result PDF document will contain real text only. That means, the graphic or image objects in the PDF will be pruned away. If you need to keep the image objects in the PDF, try the following two workarounds.
3) Click on OK to start OCR.
4) After finished, point your cursor to the Edit tab in the menu bar, select Edit Object, or Edit Text, or Add Text to start to edit the text.
1) Open the scanned document with PhantomPDF, click on Protect tab in the menu bar, in the Redaction group, click on Mark for Redaction. Point your cursor to the destination where you want to edit, drag a box around the text, right click on the box, select Properties, in the Appearance tab , click on Fill Color to pick up a color that matches with the text background, click on Close to exit the Properties box.
2) Point your cursor back to the Redaction group in the ribbon bar, select Apply Redaction. The redacted text will be covered.
3) Point your cursor to the Edit tab in the menu bar, click on Add Text, now you can start to type new text on the page.
1) Open the scanned document with PhantomPDF, click on Edit tab in the menu bar, click on the triangle beside the Edit Object, select Image. Double click on the Page to enter into the Image Editor mode. In the toolbar bar, find the Eraser icon in the Tools group, use the Eraser to erase the text you want to wipe out. If the text background has a color other than white, look into the step 2, otherwise, jump into step 3.
2) The erased area appears as white. To keep the color identical, you need the Eyedropper tool to sample the color and the Paint Bucket tool fill the color. To do the task, point your cursor to the Tools group in the toolbar, click on Eyedropper icon (looks like a knife), click on the color you wish to sample on the page; Point your cursor to the Tools group in the toolbar, click on Paint Bucket, click on the erased area to fill the sampled color.
3) Click on Apply Change icon (a green tick icon) in the toolbar to apply the change and go back to the PhantomPDF main screen.
4) Point your cursor to the Edit tab in the menu bar, click on Add Text, now you can start to type new text on the page.