Before configuring Opera to display PDFs with Foxit Reader, make sure the following things:
1. Foxit Reader Plugin has been installed. Normally, it was installed by default. To check, look into C:Program files (x86)Foxit SoftwareFoxit Readerplugins, see if there is a DLL file named as “npFoxitReaderPlugin.dll".
2. Associate Foxit Reader Plugin with Firefox. Open File > Preferences >File Associations > Advanced > check the option "Include browser when setting default PD viewer", click on Ok to apply the change.
Set up Opera to display PDFs with Foxit Plugin
· Enter opera:plugins into address bar
· Disable Adobe Reader Plugin if any.
· If you have Both Foxit Phantom and Reader plugin enabled in the Plugins list, disable one of them.
· Restart Opera
If you see the following screen, check the following two things:
· Enter into opera:plugins make sure Adobe was disabled and check if Foxit Reader plugin is
enabled, if not, enable it.
· Open Foxit Reader, step into File |Preferences | File Associations |Advanced, ensure
the option “Include browser when setting default PDF viewer” is checked.
If you see following blank screen, check the following things:
Navigate to C:Program Files (x86)Foxit SoftwareFoxit Readerplugins, see if the plugin file “npFoxitReaderPlugin.dll” exists there, if not, go to www.foxitsoftware.com/downloads, find Foxit Reader Add-on, download the Firefox plugin and install it.
Note: NPAPI plugins are no longer allowed in Opera12.17 and above, so this solution only works for Opera versions prior 12.17 .