Foxit Reader cannot create a date picker, while Foxit PhantomPDF can do that. Here are procedures.
For Foxit PhantomPDF v10 and above
Date field tool was added under Form tab since Foxit PhantomPDF Version 10, it is a tool for quickly creating a Text Field with the Format set to Date, letting users quickly fill in a date in the PDF. When users click the date field with the Hand command, the Date picker arrow icon appears. Click the arrow icon and choose a date from the Date picker. Then the date is successfully filled in the date field with the specified format. Please do the following steps to add a date field in PDF file:
- Open the PDF file with Foxit PhantomPDF,go to Form tab>Date field to create one date field to your desired area.
- Switch to Hand mode, you are able to select the date from the date picker.
For Foxit PhantomPDF v9.0 to V9.7
1. Open the pdf file with Foxit PhantomPDF, go to Form tab>Text Field to create one text field as you need.
2. Right click on the created text field> Properties>Format, select Date as the date category and select one date format you need from Date Options list and close it.
If you receive error message saying ‘Can't apply format to Multi-line Text. If you want to apply format, please go to Options tab and uncheck Multi-line’, please go to Options tab and uncheck Multi-line option then try again.
3. Switch to Hand mode, you are able to select the date from the date picker.
Date field tool was realized since Foxit PhantomPDF version 10.0 and date picker was supported since Foxit PhantomPDF version 9.0. Versions prior to version 9.0 don't include this feature.