When I try to install Foxit, I get an access denied error message. It says that a directory cannot be created in Program Files (x86). I am logged in as an administrator and have tried running the installation file as administrator. This is the first time I have seen this message when trying to install Foxit PDF Reader or anything else. I am running Windows 10 with latest update.
Please try one of the following procedures to fix it.
1. Right click on Start button, choose Run, type %temp% and press enter.
2. Delete all the contents in the Temp folder, then launch Foxit installer file to see if this might work with it.
3. If the issue is not resolved, locate the Foxit PDF Reader folder in Temp folder and delete it, create a new folder with the same name, this should resolve this issue.
If the above doesn't resolve, it might occur due to no permissions to %Temp% folder, you can try giving full permission to Temp folder.
1. Open temp user folder C:\users\"username"\AppData\Local\.
If you find no AppData folder under your computer name, do the following:
1) Inside the Windows File Explorer, choose View menu tab, choose Options.
2) Choose View tab, check the option "Show hidden files, folders, and drives" under "Hidden files and folders".
3) Choose OK to apply the change.
2. Then right click on "temp" folder and choose "Properties" --> "Security" --> Edit --> Add, and add the username you are using, then grant the user all the rights. After that it'll work.
3. If the error persists, reboot your computer and try to install again. This should solve this problem.