1. Log on the server as a Domain Administrator and create a shared network folder.
2. Download the requisite installer file and save it into the shared folder.
For versions prior to V9.6, we provide EXE and ISO two types of installer. The ISO installer contains both MSI and EXE packages.
For version 9.6 and above, we provide EXE and MSI two types of installer. We also provide a compressed ZIP package which contains language MST files for users who download MSI installer package to customize UI language of Foxit application since the MSI package itself doesn't include any language MST files.
3. Get MSI installer and language MST files.
No matter which type of installer package you have downloaded, you must get MSI installer and language MST files before you deploy Foxit PhantomPDF/Reader through GPO.
Ways to get MSI installers and language MST files are as follows:
For ISO package, please decompress it to obtain MSI installer and a Transforms folder which contains language MST files.
For MSI package, there are two optional ways for you to get language MST file.
Method 1:Click here to download a corresponding ZIP file which is packaged with multiple language MST files, unzip it and then place those MST files into a folder.
Method 2: Create an MST transform file which contains application language information with Foxit customization tool by presetting the application language in Foxit Customization tool. Then copy the generated .mst file into a folder. If the fct.cab cabinet file is also generated, please save both of the .mst file and fct.cab files into the same folder. The fct.cab file will be generated only when you add File in Foxit Customization Wizard tool. Click here to know how to do that.
Note: the above two methods only apply to Foxit PhantomPDF version 9.6 and above.
For EXE package, please expand the EXE package via command line to get the MSI package and a Transforms folder which contains language MST files.
Step for extracting EXE package into MSI package and a Transforms folder:
Expanding an EXE package.This step will extract a setup.msi package and Transforms folder that contains language MST files. To expand the EXE package, at the command line, run:
<path><Product Name >.exe /extract
In my example, I was expanding “FoxitPhantomPDF725_Business_L10N.exe” to a Localization folder.
This figure shows the result extraction.
4. Copy the folder where contains those .mst language files and Setup.msi file to the shared network folder.
5. Optional: Perform an administration installation and install the source files in the shared folder via msiexec /a Setup.msi TARGETDIR="<shared network folder path>". If you don’t need the AIP in your real world, just ignore it.
6. Optional: Generate a transform MST file via Customization Wizard and save it to the shared folder. You can include a license file, a customized XML file and other basic install options to the MST file.
7. Deploy the software.
1) On the Server, go to Start > Administration Tools > Group Policy Management, right-click a created GPO and choose Edit.
2) On the pop-up Group Policy Editor, choose Computer Configuration > Policy > Software Settings, right click Software Installation, and choose New | Package to choose a requisite MSI package in the shared folder. If you were deploying to users, you would choose the User side (User Configuration > Policies > Software Settings > Software Installation) within the GPO.
3) In the Deploy Software dialog box,
· If you don’t plan to apply any language MST file or other advanced settings, choose Assigned > OK.
· If you plan to apply language MST file or other advanced settings, choose Advanced > OK.
4) Optional. On the pop-up Properties dialog, choose the General tab, input a name (product name + version number) for the package. This name will appear in the Add/Remove programs list in the client system.
5) Optional. Switch to the Deployment tab, check the options of Uninstall this application when it falls out of the scope of management and Install this application at logon and then click OK.
6) Optional. Switch to the Modification tab. Add any language MST files you have generated.
Tip: Once the properties dialog box is closed, it is not allowed to add any modification language MST files again.
7) Optional. Switch to the Deployment tab, click the Advanced button, check the option Ignore language when deploying this package, if you are installing an application whose language differs from the language of the operating system, select OK to apply the change.
8) Choose OK. The new added package is now available in the Installation list. Use the command “gpupdate” to refresh the group policy. Users under a GPO policy will get the latest update after a computer restart.