Maximum Registration count reached. Error code: ERR202 (Before version 7.3)
Cause and Solutions:
The activation code has reached the maximum registration count therefore you’ll have to deactivate the license from previously installed software prior to reusing it on a new device. Please choose one of the optional solutions below to deactivate license:
- Solution 1: Deactivate license on Foxit Website.
- Solution 2:Deactivate license via deactivate button in Foxit PDF Editor.
- Solution 3: Deactivate license during uninstallation.
- Solution 4:Contact Foxit Support team to request the deactivation
Solution 1: Deactivate license on Foxit Website (Applicable for Version 12.0 or greater)
Starting with version 12.0, you can deactivate the perpetual license from the previous installation under your Foxit account directly on the Foxit website by following the steps below:
1.After login the Foxit account which is associated with your order’s billing email address on Foxit website , go to My Orders.
2. Please double-click on the order number to bring up the order details popup box.
3.Please click on View Activation, you will see list of activated PCs, click on Activated button of the PC you wish to remove.
4.Then click on OK on the popup confirmation dialogue box to accept change.
5.Please click on the Download button from Order Details popup box to get the matched version installer that corresponds to your license allowing you to Install and activate it on a new computer with the same activation code.
- This solution 1 is applicable for Foxit PDF Editor-Windows/macOS Version12 or greater. For versions prior to V12, please access the Foxit Software Upgrade portal to take your License to the next level or refer to the other solutions mentioned in this article to deactivate the license.
- This solution 1 doesn't work with Foxit PDF Editor educational license or license you purchased from Foxit reseller/distributor.Therefore If you have such a license, please refer to the other solutions mentioned in this article to deactivate license.
Solution 2：Deactivate license via Deactivate button in Foxit PDF Editor.
Since version 7.3, you can deactivate the perpetual license from the previous installation within the Foxit application by yourself by following the steps below:
1.Open the activated Foxit application on the previous computer.
2.Go to Help menu, click on the Deactivate button.
3.Click on OK to accept the change.
4.Refer to this article to get the matched version installer that corresponds to your license allowing you to install and activate it on a new computer with the same registration code.
Solution 3: Deactivate license during uninstallation.
Since Foxit PDF Editor for Windows version 12.0, you could deactivate license when uninstalling the Foxit application from the previous computer. Please do the following:
1.Access the machine where you want to deactivate the Foxit license information. Go to Control Panel>Programs and Features ,double click on the Foxit PDF Editor application from the applications list shown there. The prompt window shown in the screenshot below will pop up:
2.Please choose “Remove” and check the option “Deactivate perpetual license after uninstalling” in the popup, click on “OK” and follow the on-screen steps to finish the uninstallation process.
3.Refer to this article to get the matched version installer that corresponds to your license allowing you to install and activate it on a new computer with the same registration code.
For solution 3, this is only applicable for Foxit PDF Editor for Windows Version 12 or greater, as currently it does not work for Foxit PDF Editor for macOS.
Solution 4：Contact Foxit Support team to request the deactivation.
If you are having difficulty with deactivating the license on your end, please submit a ticket request to Foxit Support team for assistance, including the following information in your ticket:
- The PC name of the machine which is needed for deactivation.
- The registration key code.
With this information, our Foxit support team will help you to deactivate the license from your corresponding previous machine. After your license is deactivated, please refer to this article to get the matched version installer that corresponds to your license allowing you to install and activate it on a new computer with the same registration code.